Thursday, February 24, 2011

Leslie O'Meara posting!


Hi Ceeya,

I just wanted to say thank you again for including me in such a wonderful medical mission. I finally arrived in Minneapolis 24 hours after I was supposed to due to stormy weather! I am still adjusting getting back to daily life in the US and have had a few days to reflect on my experience in
Rwanda. I am so grateful for having the opportunity to participate with such a great organization as team heart.

Being a new participant within the group I was welcomed with opened arms by
every member of the team which really helped me to feel at ease in unfamiliar territory. I especially want to recognize my step-down team members for functioning so well without the luxuries we have in the US. Also I would like to recognize Suellen for being a phenomenal charge nurse of the unit. I was very impressed by the teamwork that was exhibited among the physicians nurses and other members of the mission in collaboration with the Rwandan medical staff which reiterated to me how well this program can progress in years to come. I have made many strong friendships over the course of two weeks and am already excited to reunite with my fellow team members in different areas along the East coast!


I returned back to the Midwest as public protests against oppressive government continue in the Middle East and Africa as well as my home state of Wisconsin. With all of the turmoil and negative press about corruption and unmitigated greed, it is gratifying to know that there are people who are making sacrifices to help others. Groups like Team Heart make the world a better place.

Thank you again for Team Heart!

Sincerely,

Leslie O'Meara

No comments:

Post a Comment