Friday, September 23, 2011

Message from Jennifer Kane

I can't believe tomorrow is our last day. Although I am looking forward to going home and seeing my family I know it will be hard to leave.  It has been such an emotional journey, each day bringing something new.  I am constantly humbled by the people that are so open and accepting of us, that despite their circumstances are so happy and gracious.  Despite our cultural differences and language barriers each of us has connected with the children on such a deep level.  One child told me I will always remember you and many say I love you.  I hope they know that I will never forget them and love them with my whole heart. I will also hold in my heart all the amazing people that I've had the privilege to work with that are an instrumental part to Team Heart. Everyone has contributed in a unique way. I have to say I will go home forever changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment