Monday, February 6, 2012


After a wonderful dinner last night with all of Team Heart, today is our first day in the ICU. I was thankful that Connie and Dominic would be with me :) Dominic and I could barely eat this morning, we were so anxious/excited/nervous. A few potatoes and some fruit and we were off. On the walk to the hospital a little boy came up to me and held my hand to walk with me. My eyes filled with tears and I just had to continue to think about the day ahead and the work we are here to do.

The first patient came out with a team of 10 people waiting! He was quickly extubated and doing great! Dominic's nerves have settled, and now I am anxious as I wait for my patient who is said to be very sick. The Rwandan nurses have been great- the team is great. So happy to be here, and so thankful for the friends I have here and the support from home! Kristin Calheno

1 comment:

  1. Great Job Connie and everyone - You rock!!!!
    Keep eating those potatoes and Primus!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete